- As more consumers shift to online sales, grocery players are needing to reconfigure their retail and supply chain strategy to suit an ecommerce solution.
- Coles approached TMX in the very early stages of their engagement with Ocado to help form a long-term contract and partnership between Coles and Ocado in Australia.
- TMX’s internal supply chain and project management teams are supplementing the Coles Online, Supply Chain and Property teams to tailor the solution to suit Australian conditions.
- TMX assisted Coles Online in creating the key operational metrics which are fundamental to the operation of the entire outside processing.
- TMX prepared the building specifications to accommodate the complex operational fit-out.
- TMX managed the developer procurement process concurrently across two states (NSW & VIC) to maximise competitive tension.
- Negotiated and finalised Agreement for Lease.
- Sourced facilities aligned to Coles’ exact specifications within their desired locations.
- Integrated automation into the base building definition, significantly reducing future make good costs.
- The end result will see the development of two state-of-the-art multi-temperature, highly automated Customer Fulfillment Centres (CFCs).
- This initiative is expected to approximately double Coles’ current Australia-wide home delivery capacity and is expected to lead to an improved profit margin for Coles Online.